Contact Us

Tel: 01305 759084


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


At 0048 the fire and rescue service received a call to a property in Avenue Road, Weymouth where there was smoke in the second floor bedroom of the property. 2 fire engines from Weymouth fire station were sent to put out the fire.

Our fire fighters extinguished the fire using 4 breathing apparatus and 2 hose reel jets. The fire caused 50% damage to a lamp and some clothing. One casualty was taken to hospital by road ambulance.

This incident shows the benefit of a working smoke alarm. The cause of the fire was found to be a cushion that had been placed, dangerously, on top of a lamp in the bedroom. The occupiers were only alerted to the presence of the fire due to a working smoke alarm. Had this not been the case then the fire could have developed further, which may have resulted in more damage and injuries, and perhaps even worse.

Always have a working smoke alarm and never place anything flammable over anything that has the potential to become hot.

Latest News